Tennis Newfoundland and Labrador: Open and Class-A Summer Circuit
- A series of 4 events designed to promote play and competition across the province.
- Points will be accumulated over the course of the four events with the season end winners earning the distinction as inaugural champions.
- Players are guaranteed a minimum of two matches per tournament
- Singles, Doubles, and Mixed Events will be played at all tournaments.
- Socials at all events
- All Maindraw Singles and Doubles matches will be best 2/3 sets with full-ad scoring. Third sets will be decided by a 10-point super tiebreaker
- Players can register for a maximum of two-categories unless a request is granted to the tournament director to play in three.
- Players can register for both Open and Class-A events
- Any tie at the end of the season will be decided by evaluating the player’s head to head record against one another.
What is the difference between Open and Class-A?
Open events are open to all levels of play and is generally where the top, provincial level players are found. Class-A events have a cap of 4.0 NTRP rated players. Class-A events are a fantastic way for up-and-coming juniors, weekend warriors, and people who are entering competitive tennis for the first time get their feet wet and play more competitive matches. Players who are unsure what their NTRP rating is are encouraged to reach out to the tournament directors or register for both Open and Class-A events.
Open/Class-A Champion: 100 pts
Open/Class-A Finalist: 70 pts
Open/Class-A Semi-Finalist: 50 pts
Open/Class-A Quarterfinalist: 25 pts
Open/Class-A Round of 16: 10 points
Open/Class-A Round of 32: 5 points
Consolation Match Win: 2 points
Tournament Schedule 2020